Anyone willing to let me practice interviewing with them?

Forum and the Webpage help. Remember this section isnt private! :P
Vanessa

Anyone willing to let me practice interviewing with them?

Post by Vanessa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:29 pm

I am interviewing people as part of my PhD. I am completely new at this and not very confident so I’d really like to practice. Would anyone be willing and able to help me out with this by being interviewed by me sometime?

My topic is ethics in (biological) conservation, so anyone who works in a field that has ethical considerations (e.g. research, social work, healthcare) and who has ever spotted or thought about moral aspects of your field would be suitable. You don’t need to know loads about it, just to have noticed some moral questions and maybe seen how they are handled. Would take 30 minutes or so, can be by Skype or in person.

Also, if any of you happen to know any friendly management level conservation professionals who might be willing to be one of my more formal pilot interviewees, please let me know! I haven’t worked directly in conservation for a while so I don’t feel comfortable asking any former colleagues and my other pilot interviewees are acquaintances of my supervisors but I’m trying to find some other options as well.

I’m not sure if asking here will turn up anything, but just thought I’d check since ARRG has such an interesting bunch of people! :)
Finance - PayPal person
[she/they]

Dead Metal

Re: Anyone willing to let me practice interviewing with them

Post by Dead Metal » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi VB! My Dad manages Dundreggan Estate, which is owned by the charity Trees for Life and is a a huge native woodland regeneration project. Would that be the kind of person you'd want to try interviewing? I could ask him if he'd be able to do a skype interview with you! He is very friendly :D

https://treesforlife.org.uk/
Here he is posing with a car + some info about Trees for Life
intermediate coach
secretarial: spokesey
reserves co-captain

she/her

Finding Nimmo

Post by Finding Nimmo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:40 pm

I don't know if my field is relevant but I am having to start to think more deeply about the ethics behind open access and in transitioning print material to digital can change audiences and stuff. It all get's a bit philosophical. If I can help I will. It might also help me firm up answers to questions if someone else is asking them haha
TaP - Taster Days Organising / First Aid --- Communications- FB message answerer ---- ASTROS - Co-Captain

emKa

Post by emKa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:20 pm

healthcare/ social work - young people, children, disabilities, I'm happy to help :)
/skater/ coach / NSO / first aider/ ref /

[she/her]

Vanessa

Post by Vanessa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:35 pm

Dead Metal wrote:Hi VB! My Dad manages Dundreggan Estate, which is owned by the charity Trees for Life and is a a huge native woodland regeneration project. Would that be the kind of person you'd want to try interviewing? I could ask him if he'd be able to do a skype interview with you! He is very friendly :D

https://treesforlife.org.uk/
Here he is posing with a car + some info about Trees for Life
Yes! He sounds like he’d be a great person to interview. I’ll email you.
Finding Nimmo wrote:I don't know if my field is relevant but I am having to start to think more deeply about the ethics behind open access and in transitioning print material to digital can change audiences and stuff. It all get's a bit philosophical. If I can help I will. It might also help me firm up answers to questions if someone else is asking them haha
emKa wrote:healthcare/ social work - young people, children, disabilities, I'm happy to help :)
Thank you! That’d be great – I’ll message each of you :)
Finance - PayPal person
[she/they]

TrackAdder

Post by TrackAdder » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:34 pm

Yeah of course. Can chat ethical stuff at length. Happy to do in person, or different formats e.g. phone/Skype if you're also likely to be using them and want an idea of the differences.

EDIT: also, the author of this article on beaver reintroduction is my friend's mum. Right kind of thing? Can try and put you in touch if so.. https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/brexit ... u-can-help
[Finance/Spokesies]
[she/her]